Communication Best Practices
Effective communication enables teams to be productive and aligned. When communication is ineffective teams become frustrated and unproductive.
We default to asynchronous, written communication before utilizing other synchronous solutions
- When communicating through Slack include your “ask” in the initial message
- Prefer bullet point form over long-form paragraphs
We believe in open and transparent communication
- Internal department meetings are often open invite
- Everyone is encouraged to read and contribute to the monthly investor updates
- For makers to be productive they need at least two hours of uninterrupted work. Forcing a context switch during those blocks will cost productivity and is often frustrating to the maker.
- When scheduling meetings with a maker aim to have the meeting around naturally occurring context switches (e.g. right before/after lunch)